Whitney's FFXI blog

Final Fantaxy XI and other MMORPGS

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

New computer for FFXI

I bought a new computer to play FFXI because the old one is so slow. I bought a Pentium Core 2 Duo based computer from iBuyPower with 2 Gigs of RAM and an ATI x1600 XT video card.

Why that video card? Because I heard that FFXI has some problems with newer nVidia cards, and I didn't think it wise to invest in ATI's top of the line model because it's gong to be obsolete once DirectX 10 comes out with Windows Vista. So ATI's mid-priced card seemed like the good choice, and it's probably like eight times faster than what's in my old computer now.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:09 AM, Blogger 7 said…

    Nice setup you have. Just wanted to say that SE finally fixed things so that the latest nVidia cards actually do work the way they're supposed to.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home